One of Dr. Saltz’s most highly recommended pre and post surgery treatments is Lymphatic Massage. After surgery it is very common for fluid to accumulate in the soft tissues of the body. Lymphatic massage helps to empty your built-up fluid – a condition that is especially common following cosmetic surgery.
Lymphatic Massage is especially helpful following:
- Radiation therapy, trauma and cancer.
Though lymph vessels are found throughout the body, a majority are located just below the surface of the skin. These fragile vessels work to pick up fluids between the cell spaces when gentle pressure is applied to them from increased fluid build-up, muscle contractions, or the pressure of a therapist‘s hands. By using very light pressure in rhythmic, circular strokes, this massage helps to move the lymph fluids back to the heart.
Lymphatic Massage has many unique benefits including:
- Increases blood flow.
- Enables lymph flow, which allows good nutrition to reach the tissues and restore immune function.
- Reduces scar tissue buildup and bruising.
- Speeds up the healing process during recovery.
- Removes swelling and inflammation.
If you would like to learn more about Lymphatic Massage, contact Dr. Saltz and Spa Vitoria for more information today.